Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top 10 Books of the Year (So Far)

I'm not great with the technical aspects of blogging so I'm learning as I go. For my first post, I thought I'd share a list of the top 10 books I've read so far this year. There are plenty more books on my TBR so the list will probably grow in time. These is in no particular order.

Music of the Heart
This is the third book I've read by Katie Ashley but it is by far my favorite. I love a good rock-star romance but the combination of sassy good-girl Abby and brooding bad-boy Jack produced undeniable chemistry and an enjoyable read.
The Bet
Rachel Van Dyken's book had me laughing so loud on every other page, my sister kept looking at me like I was nuts. The grandma is hilarious, as is the relationship between the hero and heroine. I loved loved loved Travis Titus, who is quite possibly the most adorable guy to ever grace the pages of a book.
Falling Into You
Holy cow. I mean, seriously. I first became familiar with Jasinda Wilder through her various short erotic series. Jasinda Wilder has never had a problem writing scorching sex scenes but the heartbreaking story of Colt and Nell takes her storytelling abilities to the next level.
Wait For You
Anything by Jennifer Armentrout aka J. Lynn is amazing in my book. She can seriously do no wrong. I have read every one of her books and this is definitely one of my favorites. I love reformed manwhore stories and the relationship between Avery and Cameron is no exception.
Suicide Note
Don't let the title fool you. This is an uplifting book by Teresa Mummert in which the heroine, Jenn, and her love interest, Shane set about healing their broken hearts.
Lost To You
I'm so glad I read this book before Take this Regret. This definitely made me more sympathetic to Christian and I love seeing the promising start of the relationship between him and Elizabeth that continues in the next novel, which is definitely a tear-jerker. A.L. Jackson is hypnotic and there were definitely times I was overwhelmed with the depth of emotions experienced by the characters.
The Edge Of Never
I first read the Mayfair trilogy by J.A. Redmerski, which led me to this book. There's nothing like a good road trip story, although Camryn has the pleasure of being accompanied by Andrew, who is as mysterious as he is attractive. I can't wait for the sequel!
Second Chance Boyfriend
The conclusion to One Week Boyfriend by Monica Murphy couldn't have been more perfect. The content of these books is definitely on the more serious end, as is the trend with New Adult books, although the idea that it's the hero that needs saving is a new twist. I love that Drew and Fable got their HEA.
Grounded (Up in the Air #3)
The final installment of the Up in the Air series by R.K. Lilley was the perfect ending to the story between Bianca and James. It's filled with drama, action and suspense, while also focusing on the heated relationship between the two main characters. I also loved the addition of narratives from minor characters who I've grown to love.
Depths
I love both Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt individually as authors, but together, they are unbelievable. Lengths is the first story in this series, and I love that Cohen got his own story. The dual narratives provided a great insight into the minds of both Cohen and Maren. I can't wait for more books from this duo.



1 comment: