Monday, July 8, 2013

ARC Review: Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

Blurb:

In the follow-up to Colleen Hoover’s #1 New York Times bestseller Hopeless, the charming and irresistible Dean Holder tells the passionate story that has melted thousands of hearts.

In Hopeless, Sky left no secret unearthed, no feeling unshared, and no memory forgotten, but Holder’s past remained a mystery.

Still haunted by the little girl he let walk away, Holder has spent his entire life searching for her in an attempt to finally rid himself of the crushing guilt he has felt for years. But he could not have anticipated that the moment they reconnect, even greater remorse would overwhelm him…

Sometimes in life, if we wish to move forward, we must first dig deep into our past and make amends. In Losing Hope, bestselling author Colleen Hoover reveals what was going on inside Holder’s head during all those hopeless moments—and whether he can gain the peace he desperately needs


Buy Losing Hope on Amazon
Add Losing Hope to Goodreads
Become a Fan of Colleen Hoover on Goodreads
Follow Colleen Hoover on Facebook

Review:


It’s been months since I read Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless, but as I read its companion novel from Holder’s perspective, Losing Hope, all of my memories of his and Sky’s story, both good and bad, came rushing back to me at once. All of the feelings of pain and sorrow, joy and excitement are experienced anew, forging a deeper bond between myself and these two characters. I fell in love with Sky and Holder all over again, delighting in everything that was both familiar and new. As much as I loved Hopeless, I connected with Losing Hope on a deeper level, becoming more mesmerized as Dean Holder bares his soul and attempts to overcome the tragedies that have impacted his life.
I thought I liked Dean Holder before starting Losing Hope, but my feelings for him were intensified while reading this book. Each journal entry he writes and every thought he shares was captivating, evoking alternating feelings of hope and despair as he relates his story of losing his childhood friend, Hope, and finding her years later as Sky. Every “first” milestone they share in their budding relationship is relived through Holder’s eyes, but knowing the motivations behind his actions makes everything that much better. From their first meeting to the process of getting to know the little details about each other, the romance between Holder and Skye put butterflies in my stomach and a goofy smile on my face.
As soon as I finished Losing Hope (and while I was reading, for that matter), I wanted to squeal and clap my hands and gush about how amazing this book is. I’ve read all of Colleen Hoover’s books and there’s no denying that she has a gift for writing brilliant and emotionally-charged novels, but Losing Hope is her best book yet, surpassing my highest expectations. I can’t say enough about how much I loved getting to know Dean Holder, who is sweet, and swoon-worthy, and as close to fictional perfection as possible. 
Rating: 5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I'm really looking forward to reading Losing Hope. I read Hopeless, and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete