Sunday, December 29, 2013

Best of 2013: My top reads from the past year


As I was looking back on books I've read this past year, I realized how many amazing books were released. I had a tough time picking my favorite books so I decided to split them up into various categories.

Comedy

These are the books that had me laughing aloud throughout the entire story. I'm always looking for lighthearted books to recuperate after reading a tearjerker and these books do the trick, whether the humor is sweet and sassy (The Bet) or delightfully raunchy (Strings). Clicking on the titles will lead you to Goodreads. These are in no particular order.

Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase

Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton

Stardust (Peaches Monroe #1) by Mimi Strong

The Bet (The Bet #1) by Rachel Van Dyken

Strings (Hard Rock Harlots #1) by Kendall Grey

Buy on Amazon:



Drama

I'm not someone who normally cries while reading a book but the following stories left me sobbing and/or emotionally drained. 


Present Perfect (Perfect #1) by Alison G. Bailey

Lost & Found (Lost and Found #1) by Nicole Williams

Falling Into You (Falling #1) by Jasinda Wilder

Real (Real #1) by Katy Evans

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1) by R.K. Lilley


Buy on Amazon:



Steamiest

Holy hot sex! I mean, seriously. I've read some steamy books but these top the list of blush-inducing, face-fanning encounters. These picks include M/M (Try), M/F/M (Travis) and good old fashioned M/F.
Best Series

I had trouble picking just one book from the following series so I picked them all!

Marked Men by Jay Crownover 

*Books include Rule, Jet, and Rome (1/7/13)*

Buy on Amazon:



 
Shattered Hearts by Cassia Leo 
*Books include Relentless, Pieces of You, and Bring Me Home*

Buy on Amazon:


 
Collide by Gail McHugh 
*Books include Collide and Pulse*

Buy on Amazon:



Line of Duty by Tessa Bailey 
*Books include Protecting What's His, His Risk to Take, Officer Off Limits, and Asking for Trouble*

Buy on Amazon:



Beauty by Georgia Cates

*Books include Beauty from Pain and Beauty from Surrender*

Buy on Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment