Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ripped (Real #5) by Katy Evans: Blog Tour Review


Blurb:

Every woman wants me--except the one I sing for.

Seattle shakes with anticipation: they call it the concert of the year. They say girls are getting pregnant just thinking about my band being in town.

But when you love a girl, you don't leave her with nothing but a ring and a promise. Any man with half a brain should know.

So what did I expect my girl would do when she saw me again?

Well, for starters, she loathes our music. Particularly the song I wrote about her.

When I sing it, the stadium is in an uproar. Thousands of fans scream my name like I'm a god--but yeah, not her. Crystal clear: the girl's not happy to see me.

Black hair, black boots, a bad attitude, that's her -- Pandora Stone is a freaking man-eater and she's out for my blood.

That's alright.

Let her come at me. Because I'm out for her heart and, this time, there's no way she can stop me.





Click to Buy the Real Series on Amazon:


About the Author:

Hey! I’m Katy Evans and I love family, books, life, and love. I’m married with two children and three dogs and spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. Thank you for spending your time with me and picking up my story. I hope you had an amazing time with it, like I did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look me up on the Internet, I’d love to hear from you!

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png


Review by Michelle:

Who isn't a fan of Katy Evans and Remington Tate from the Real series these days? I know I sure am and I find it really hard sometimes to find a book boyfriend that even compares with Remy when it comes to pure, raw animal attraction, desirability, and seductive charm. Until now that is. As a fan of rock stars and a huge fan of Katy Evans, I'm not sure it gets much better than having the two combined in one book. Ripped has it all, a second chance love story, an irresistible hero, a bold and sassy heroine that you will, begrudgingly or otherwise, grow to love once you really get to know her, and a fiery connection between the two characters rekindled from an emotional and turbulent past.

The passion and sultriness of a rock star who oozes charisma and sensuality, Mackenna Jones is a force to be reckoned with and actually gives Riptide a run for his money. His creativity, his expressiveness, and the vulnerability he shows both on and off stage makes him attractive beyond his model good looks and piercing gray eyes. His soft spot for Pandora, a big heart, a bit of a sordid past, and a delectably dirty mouth combine to make a uniquely appealing and alluring man who can hold his own against Mr. Tate any day.

While I have to admit I have never been much of a fan of Pandora and I actually really started to loathe her bitterness and hostility toward the male race in general in Rogue, I was caught a bit off guard when I realized at one point how much I had come to care for and even admire Pandora in some ways. I started this book with the hope that the secrets she kept would explain all the animosity she carries and would help to turn my own distaste for her attitude and demeanor around and boy did it ever. In Ripped we were finally bestowed this much needed insight into Pandora and her past and although I'm still not sure it's much of an excuse for the extreme resentment and opposition she had for Greyson, and really every man, at every turn, it is much easier to identify with her, to feel for her, and once we see her without those fortified walls, dare I say, like her. Once you peel away the hurt and angry layers, Pandora turns out to be my kind of heroine; smart, feisty, and passionate.

I am a sucker for second chances, especially when there is such nostalgia and reverence in the past between the characters that the intensity of their bond, coupled with the circumstances that transpired to rip them apart, cause such incredible hatred that it seems nothing can break through. Pandora and Mackenna's bickering was entertaining and definitely kept things interesting all while fanning the flames of the ever present attraction between them and reigniting the spark that once shone bright and could never be replicated by others along the way.

Ripped, to me, was the most emotional book of the series. The loss and longing Pandora and Mackenna each feel is palpable and is like another real, tangible being in the room when the two are together. The intense grief, regret, yearning, and true, deep love that is conveyed is powerfully moving, incredibly poignant, and beautifully touching.

Ripped is everything you love about the Real series and then some. I NEED more of Mackenna and Pandora. Although there is no cliffhanger ending, there are still unanswered questions and so much possibility for them and their future. Give these two a chance and you will find them as captivating as Brooke and Remy.

Rating: 4.5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment