Ava McKenzie is a creature of habit. Life is passing her by and she has nothing to show for it. She’s had the same job since she started college, she orders the same dish every time she goes to her favorite restaurant, and only reads books from authors she knows. There is nothing new or surprising in her life… until her best friend marries a man from London. When her newlywed friend asks her to house-sit while she honeymoons, Ava jumps at the chance. She thinks this could be the very thing she needs to shake up her life. Ava throws herself head first into her new lifestyle; she wants to try everything, go everywhere, and never get stuck in a rut again. Of course, offing a man in a car garage hadn’t been one of the things on her list to try.
Owen Walker spends every day in a new place with a new case. As one of the most renowned assassins in the world, he has his choice of marks—and he’s never failed in a mission. When a new hit takes him back to his hometown, he looks forward to spending time somewhere familiar. What he isn’t expecting is to help an attractive, confused American woman find out how she’s ended up on a hit man’s list.
As Ava and Owen dodge bullets, will they be able to escape their undeniable attraction to each other? Or will all of that chemistry blow up in a shower of hot and dangerous sparks?
Nichole Chase is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Suddenly Royal, Flukes, The Dark Betrayal Trilogy, and several short stories. She is also the instructor of Say What? a dialogue class at the Romance Academy.
Nichole lives in Georgia with her husband, energetic daughter, superhero dog, Sulcata tortoise, and two cats. When not writing, you may find her reading, painting, crafting, or chasing her daughter around the house while making monster noises.
Social Media Links:
5 Red Flags Someone Is After You
First, I need to preface this with a very clear declaration that I am NOT in any shape or form a professional. I can only talk from my experience. Having said that… here are my 5 Red Flags you should be looking for:
1. If you catch a familiar face in a couple of different occasions, you should stop and give it thought. Does that person have a reason to be in the same place as you at the same time for each occasion? Coincidence is unlikely.
2. Always check your review mirrors. Again, are you noticing the same car over and over? Try taking some turns to see if they show back up. You need to be attentive. If it’s a professional they aren’t going to be the car right behind you. They’ll be in a normal car, a few paces behind you—maybe not even in the same lane. That’s why you have to be very careful. Oh, and if you’re in a different country, avoid the round-abouts. Those are the devil.
3. Is anyone overly nice? Random stranger offering to walk you to your car? Escort you down a dark alley? Yeah… look for a friend quick-like. Trust no one. Question every motive.
4. Have you noticed your door to your apartment not closed all the way, even though you’re obsessive compulsive and test your door three times before leaving the house? How about your car? Anything out of place?
5. This is a huge red flag… Has anyone shot at you? Are there any bullet holes in your car? How about your clothes? If you answered yes, then you need help. A lot of help. Because, you shouldn’t need me to tell you you’re in trouble at this point.
In all seriousness, listen to your gut! If you think something is ‘off’ you should take steps to protect yourself. Go to the authorities with your concern. If you think you know who might be after you, then you need to let someone know. Remember, better paranoid than dead!
a Rafflecopter giveaway