Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sawyer (Alluring Indulgence #7) by Nicole Edwards: ARC Review

Blurb:

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling indie author Nicole Edwards comes the seventh book in her Alluring Indulgence series, erotic romances featuring the Walker brothers from Coyote Ridge, Texas, and their sizzling-hot love interests.

Sawyer Walker has never run into problems with women. The female population tends to swarm toward him, in fact, and he’s never had a complaint.

But there’s one woman Sawyer has always had his eye on. A woman who won’t give him the time of day. In recent months, it would seem that Kennedy Endsley is opening up to Sawyer, but she’s got a few surprises in store for him. Because, as hard as she finds it to resist the handsome Walker brother, she won’t give in easily. Not when her heart is on the line.


Click to Buy the Alluring Indulgence Series on Amazon:



Author Bio:

Nicole lives in Texas with her husband, Colt, three kids and four dogs. It's quite the household and most of the time you'll find her locked away in her office... writing. When she's not, you'll likely find her reading, swimming, or hanging out in the yard with the dogs, doing her best to keep them in line. (And no, it doesn't usually work)

Ever want to let that other part of you loose? The part that has secret desires and taboo fantasies? Well, that's what brought about Nicole Edwards. She's an alter ego. In truth, she's a full-fledged part of me. The secret part made up of sinfully hot desires and erotic thoughts. Get to know how Nicole's naughty mind works by checking out her books!

About me... hmmm...

Ok, I've been asked to provide a little bit of "real" information about myself. That's harder to do than you think it is, especially for someone who has difficulty talking about themselves. ;) But, here goes...

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I loved creative writing and as I got older, I got acquainted with those voices in my head and that led to putting my stories on paper. And now, here I am all these years later, spending my days doing what I love most. I decided to give myself over to writing full time in 2012 and I haven't looked back. I spent nearly 13 years in the corporate world and I have to say, this is a bit of a change (just a little) and I am loving every second of it.

I live in Texas with my husband and three amazing kids and our four beloved dogs. If I'm not writing, I'm usually reading. I devour everything I can get my hands on. I love romance of any type and being an Indie author myself, I'm always looking for new Indies to support. I haven't always been into reading, but about eleven years ago, I picked up a book - I'm pretty sure it was by Nora Roberts - and from there, I haven't stopped. Before I began writing full time, and my characters started taking up so much of my time, I was reading about 200 books a year. That has dwindled somewhat, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read.

An interesting fact... I don't watch television - aside from the occasional news anyway. I will go see a movie or two rarely, but for the most part, I get all of my entertainment from a book. Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward, Suzanne Brockmann, Lora Leigh, Jane Rylon, Lori Foster, and Jaci Burton just to name a few.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

The beauty of a series comprised of interconnected standalones is that readers get additional backstory about certain characters, and get to witness their evolution as the series progresses. What I love about the Alluring Indulgence series by Nicole Edwards is that, even though each new book spotlights a different couple, the entire cast of characters is very much present throughout the series. Out of all the Walker Brothers, Sawyer is the one who seems to have experienced the most growth, coming a long way from his days of luring women with sexually explicit signs from the side of the road. Sawyer's blatant interest in a woman who refuses to give him the time of day has been a frequent topic of discussion in previous books yet, for whatever reason, his story was held off as Walker brothers got their shot at Happily Ever After. This is undoubtedly why Sawyer was one of my most anticipated reads and Nicole Edwards did not disappoint in delivering a narrative worth waiting for.

Of all the couples featured in the Alluring Indulgence series, protagonists Sawyer Walker and Kennedy Endsley are my favorite because of their dynamic (antagonistic with a side of sexual tension) and because of their shared history (which I could’ve read an entire book about). I appreciated the author’s decision to intersperse flashbacks into the present narrative because this background info provided much-needed insight into the minds of both characters and, most importantly, provided an answer as to why Kennedy rebuffed Sawyer’s advances time and time again. Sawyer’s irresistible charm and Kennedy’s down-to-earth yet feisty persona were an entertaining combination, especially when the two characters were pitted against each other in a prolonged, flirtatious battle of wills. Each page of the book is brimming with sexual tension as Sawyer and Kennedy dance around each other, exchanging heated words and looks filled with the promise of what's to come.

When you’re fifty percent into a Nicole Edwards novel and the protagonists haven’t sealed the deal, so to speak, you know that when the time finally comes, the results will be explosive. Having read earlier books in the series, I expected the couple to waste no time getting hot and heavy, but I was pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case with Sawyer. If the first half of the book was a low, simmering burn, then the second half was a raging inferno of passion. Each intimate encounter between Sawyer and Kennedy is unrelentingly sensual, providing a physical outlet for their palpable chemistry. While arlier books in the series were more of a fantasy – more sexually adventurous and more risqué – Sawyer maintains the eroticism and sensuality characteristic of Alluring Indulgence, yet it's also unexpectedly sweet and more grounded in reality as the characters continue to evolve.

Looking back to the start of the series, I remember Sawyer’s interest in Kennedy being introduced and fully expected to read his book before those of some of his brothers. After reading Sawyer and realizing exactly how much Sawyer had to grow as a character to get to this point, I understood the delay. Sawyer is a second-chance love story but not in the typical sense of the term. The story was about making amends, earning trust, and proving that a person is more than the sum of their past mistakes. If you’re in the mood for a sweet, steamy, and undeniably emotional read, Sawyer is the book for you.

*complimentary copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment