Saturday, March 14, 2015

Undeniable Love (Journey of Love #2) by Kelly Elliott: Blog Tour Bonus Scene


Blurb:

Tristan Williams thought the path of his life was on the right journey. He had a successful career, good looks, and a carefree lifestyle. One conversation changed Tristan’s way of thinking forever as his father presented him with a bottle, representing his journey and forcing unwanted thoughts of a lasting relationship to the surface. Running from the fear of commitment, he pushed away the only woman he ever had feelings for and turned to the one girl he knew he didn’t love.

Ryn Webster was finally putting her past behind her. Moving to Texas and concentrating on the success of her own company, she had her life almost where she wanted it. One thing was missing though…love. She thought she had found love with Tristan until he casted her aside.

After being hurt by Tristan, Ryn does whatever she can to push him from her heart, even if it means being with a man she doesn’t love.

Regardless of the path one thinks they are on, the journey of life can cause unexpected turns, altering the planned course. Will Tristan and Ryn’s bottle be tossed about, lost in the rocky waves of life? Or will calm seas prevail to help Tristan and Ryn finally find their journey of love…together?


Click to Buy the Journey of Love Series on Amazon:


About the Author:

Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!

She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.

In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.

One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Bonus Scene:

Placing my hand on my stomach, I felt the pain move across my stomach to my back. This time it took my breath away this time.

“Oh man,” I whispered.

Standing up, I walked over to the stairs and called for Tristan. “Tristan?” I could hear him talking on the phone, probably to Chris. Tomorrow they planned on vaccinated all the new cattle that had come in.

Taking a few steps up the stairs I felt out of breath. Turning, I sat on the step to catch my breath. Watching the clock, I kept my eye on the time.

“Tristan!” I called out.

“Yeah, baby, give me a few more minutes. I’m almost finished up.”

Rolling my eyes I pulled my phone out of my pocket and hit Azurdee’s number. Taking in a deep breath through my nose, I calming blew it out.

“Hey there! What’s going on Momma?” Azurdee asked in a painfully chipper voice.

“Not much. I think I’m in labor though. The pain is … well … it’s painful.”

Silence.

“Hello?”

“Oh. Ryn. This is it?” Covering the phone so she didn’t shout in my ear, I heard Azurdee call out to Lark. “Lark! Pack it all up. It’s show time!”

Letting out a giggling, I tried to imagine Lark running around trying to get everything ready to fly down here.

“All right, Ryn. I want you to remain calm. That’s the key.” Azurdee said as it sounded like she was taking deep breaths in and quickly blowing them out.

“Okay. Stay calm. I think I’ve got that part down.”

Azurdee let out a nervous chuckle. “It’s okay, Ryn. I’ve been there … I know how scary this is.”

Pinching my eyes together, I rubbed my hand over my stomach. “Honestly, Azurdee, I’m not nervous.”

“That’s good honey. Positive thinking. That’s the key.”

“Azurdee, you said staying calm was the key.”

Chuckling again, I heard Azurdee let out a small scream and then glass broke. “Yes! Yes, Ryn. Calm. It’s the key!” Covering the phone again, Azurdee yelled in a muffled voice. “Get the helicopter going, Lark! She sounds like she’s cracking.”

What the hell?

I sat there another few minutes listening to Lark and Azurdee run into each other, fall down a small flight of stairs, argue if they had time to stop somewhere for a gift, and then stop for a few seconds to tell each other how much they loved each other.

After five minutes of calling into the phone for Azurdee, I came to the conclusion she had forgotten I was on the phone. Hitting End, I let out a sigh and felt another contraction coming on.

Taking in a deep breath, I slowly blew it out as I glanced at my clock. Seventeen minutes apart. “Tristan!” I shouted.

“You don’t have to yell baby. I’m right here.”

Looking over my shoulder, Tristan walked down the stairs. Smiling, he sat on the step next to me.

“What are you doing sitting on the steps?”

Looking into Tristan’s beautiful green eyes, I found myself lost in the moment. Chewing on my lower lip, I wondered how he would react to me telling him I was in labor. I was silently praying it wouldn’t be like how Azurdee and Lark reacted.

“I was attempting to come up and get you but I had to stop.”

Tristan’s eyes turned from love to worry. “Why? What’s wrong, Ryn?”

Taking his hand in mine, I smiled. “Nothing. It’s just … well…” I let out a nervous laugh. “I’m in labor, seventeen minutes apart.”

Tristan’s eyes lit up like Christmas morning. He slowly stood up and reached down for my hands and careful helped me up. Taking my hands he led me down the stairs. Once I was at the bottom and safely on the ground, Tristan pulled me to him and kissed me.

My heart began to race as my breathing picked up. Only my husband could make me feel this unbelievably loved when really what I wanted to be was scared to pieces.

Pulling back, he looked into my eyes. “First, let me say how beautiful you look.”

Feeling my face warm, I whispered, “Thank you.”

Placing his hands on the sides of my face, Tristan looked into my eyes. “Second, I’m playing really calm, but deep down inside I’m freaking the hell out.”

Laughing, I nodded my head and said, “Me too.”

Giving me a smile that melted my heart, Tristan said, “Good. Then we’re in this together?”

“Yes, together forever.”

“All right. The bag is already in the car, so let me grab my keys while you call the doctors office and let them know how far apart your contractions are and that we’re heading into town.”

Tristan’s take charge attitude relaxed me had me wishing we had a few spare moments to spend lost in each other but I knew that was impossible. “I’m on it.”

Tristan quickly turned and ran up the stairs while I called the doctors office.

“Dr. Pete’s office.”

“Susan, it’s Ryn.”

“Oh my goodness, Ryn! Is it time?”

Holding back my laughter, I said, “Yes, I do believe it is Susan.”

“I’ll page the good doc and have him meet you at the hospital. How many minutes apart?”

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Tristan running down the stairs holding up his wallet and keys. “About seventeen minutes apart.”

“Okay, see you soon, Ryn. Let’s pop that baby on out of you.”

Snarling my lip up at her choice of words, I tried to sound happy. “O-okay. See ya … um … soon.”

Hitting End, I smiled at Tristan. “This is it, Tristan.” My eyes filled with tears knowing that we would soon be holding our daughter in our arms.

Smiling, I watched his eyes build with tears before he looked away and regained his composure. Looking back at me he leaned down and softly kissed me on the lips.

“This is it, Ryn.” Taking my hand he led me out the door and to his truck. My heart had never felt as happy as it did in this moment.

After getting me buckled in, Tristan looked into my eyes and whispered, “I’ve never been so proud of you, Ryn. You are my strength and will always be the pillar who keeps everything up.”

Placing my hand on the side of his face, I whispered, “I will love you forever, Tristan.”

Closing his eyes, Tristan swallowed hard before opening his eyes. A single tear moved slowly down his cheek as he whispered, “Forever, Ryn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment