Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Brendon (Alluring Indulgence #8) by Nicole Edwards: ARC Review

Blurb:

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling indie author Nicole Edwards comes the final scorching installment in her Alluring Indulgence series, erotic romances featuring the Texan Walker brothers and their sizzling-hot love interests.

Brendon Walker’s life was altered drastically when his twin brother fell in love. Coming to grips with his new reality hasn’t been an easy road, and he fears he’s all but given up.

Cheyenne Montgomery is familiar with the spotlight, and she’s familiar with fame. What she isn’t familiar with is the incredible lure of the sexy Walker brother who makes her heart beat wildly. Seeing him spiral out of control has been tough on her. So what will it take for Cheyenne to convince him that change can be a good thing?


Click to Buy the Alluring Indulgence Series on Amazon:



Author Bio:

Nicole lives in Texas with her husband, Colt, three kids and four dogs. It's quite the household and most of the time you'll find her locked away in her office... writing. When she's not, you'll likely find her reading, swimming, or hanging out in the yard with the dogs, doing her best to keep them in line. (And no, it doesn't usually work)

Ever want to let that other part of you loose? The part that has secret desires and taboo fantasies? Well, that's what brought about Nicole Edwards. She's an alter ego. In truth, she's a full-fledged part of me. The secret part made up of sinfully hot desires and erotic thoughts. Get to know how Nicole's naughty mind works by checking out her books!

About me... hmmm...

Ok, I've been asked to provide a little bit of "real" information about myself. That's harder to do than you think it is, especially for someone who has difficulty talking about themselves. ;) But, here goes...

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I loved creative writing and as I got older, I got acquainted with those voices in my head and that led to putting my stories on paper. And now, here I am all these years later, spending my days doing what I love most. I decided to give myself over to writing full time in 2012 and I haven't looked back. I spent nearly 13 years in the corporate world and I have to say, this is a bit of a change (just a little) and I am loving every second of it.

I live in Texas with my husband and three amazing kids and our four beloved dogs. If I'm not writing, I'm usually reading. I devour everything I can get my hands on. I love romance of any type and being an Indie author myself, I'm always looking for new Indies to support. I haven't always been into reading, but about eleven years ago, I picked up a book - I'm pretty sure it was by Nora Roberts - and from there, I haven't stopped. Before I began writing full time, and my characters started taking up so much of my time, I was reading about 200 books a year. That has dwindled somewhat, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read.

An interesting fact... I don't watch television - aside from the occasional news anyway. I will go see a movie or two rarely, but for the most part, I get all of my entertainment from a book. Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward, Suzanne Brockmann, Lora Leigh, Jane Rylon, Lori Foster, and Jaci Burton just to name a few.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

It's never easy to say goodbye to a favorite series but it's particularly bittersweet parting ways with the Alluring Indulgence series by Nicole Edwards because the Walker brothers are characters I've gotten to know and love over the course of eight books. This is a series that's very much interconnected so even though each new book spotlights a new couple, there’s a strong sense of history that comes from getting to know these characters so intimately. Going into Brendon, this history was somewhat of a drawback as the title character, Brendon Walker, wasn’t exactly my favorite person after having sabotaged both his familial relationships and his budding romance with fellow protagonist, Cheyenne Montgomery. I was expecting more of his selfish behavior, but within a few chapters (okay, it was more like one), his blundering charm and his effort to win over Cheyenne had me eating out of the palm of his hand.

After having Brendon and Cheyenne’s romance teased in previous books, I knew it was only a matter of time before they acted on their mutual attraction, although I must admit that, after a fairly volatile start to their relationship, it came as a pleasant surprised how quickly things developed between them. Despite the massive amount of baggage between them, I appreciated that Cheyenne didn’t punish Brendon for his past decisions but instead helped him realize there was a good guy beneath his bad boy fa├žade. Cheyenne’s genuine kindness and sweet disposition was a perfect complement to Brendon’s rough edginess. The pairing of a down-to-earth country princess and a rough-and-tumble cowboy just works.

It was both strange and fascinating to come across a Walker brother who wasn't naturally smooth and easily able to charm the opposite sex. Encountering Brendon's frustration with himself over his inability to communicate with Cheyenne was actually refreshing because, as a result, he tried harder to compensate for the areas in which he thought he was lacking. And yes, I mean in the bedroom. He may not be a sweet talker but he had no problem finding the right words to explain in explicitly dirty detail how much he desired Cheyenne. Brendon seems to be the Walker brother with the most insatiable sexual appetite and it was like Nicole Edwards saved the best for last, putting him in readers' hands with an implied "You're welcome." This is me saying thank you and job well done.

After two years of pent-up tension and hurt feelings that played out over the course of several books in the series, I was grateful for the relative lack of relationship issues between Brendon and Cheyenne. Of course, things aren't exactly smooth sailing but thankfully the majority of the drama and suspense unfolds through another outlet. The romance between Brendon and Cheyenne is the heart of the book and the Walker family is the soul. Brendon represents the progression of the Alluring Indulgence series, which initially focused on getting the resort off the ground and embarking on a new dream between the brothers, only to grow into one expansive narrative encompassing the tight-knit Walker clan as they extended their family with each new book. This book sets out to fix what's been broken and to tie up loose ends, all while seeing to it that the final Walker brother gets his happily ever after.

*complimentary copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment