Saturday, October 10, 2015

All I Want (Animal Magnetism #7) by Jill Shalvis: Review

Blurb:

From the “awesomely, incredibly talented”* New York Times bestselling author of Still the One, comes a sexy new Animal Magnetism novel set in Sunshine, Idaho, where the sky is the limit when it comes to love.

Pilot-for-hire Zoe Stone is happy to call Sunshine, Idaho, her home base. But her quiet life is thrown for a loop when her brother’s friend Parker comes to stay with her for a week. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife special agent is a handsome flirt with a gift for getting under her skin. And the situation only escalates when Parker hires her to fly him around the area while he collects evidence on a suspected smuggler.

Now she has to live and work with the guy. But when they’re in the air, she sees another side of him. He’s driven, focused, and sharp. And while he enjoys giving commentary on her blind dates, she quickly realizes with a shock that it’s Parker who gets her engines going…


Click to Buy the Animal Magnetism Series on Amazon:

.
.

About the Author:

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras with her family and far too many assorted quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental.

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

Is All I Want really the last book in Jill Shalvis’s Animal Magnetism series? It wasn’t too long ago that I binge-read the first six books in the series back-to-back so to say I’m not ready for the series to end is a massive understatement. The small-town charm of Sunshine, Idaho and the quirky characters (animals included) that inhabit it are what make this series so engaging. While I’d love to continue the journey with these characters in this setting for another dozen or so books, I was thrilled to see the series end on a high note with Zoe and Parker’s story in All I Want. Watching the stubbornly independent Zoe go toe to toe with the irresistibly charismatic Parker is so entertaining, it’s impossible not to fall in love with these characters.

As a fan of the series, I’ve been waiting for Zoe’s story, eager to see who could be a perfect match for the tough-as-nails pilot. Zoe is a heroine that I immediately liked, yet the more I got to know her, exploring her guardedness and unveiling her vulnerabilities, the more I connected with her character. She is a fascinating mix of strong and vulnerable, self-assured and awkward, and I loved the fact that Parker challenges her with every word exchanged and every interaction. Parker is the kind of confident that makes you want to roll your eyes after every outrageous remark, even while his unerring charm has you fighting back a smile. They have this Katherine Hepburn-Carey Grant type of banter, each with the distinct ability to exasperate the other with a few choice words, yet at the same time, it's evident that they're wildly attracted to each other. Their dynamic brought a fast-paced energy to the story that captivated me from start to finish.

With action, adventure, an unforgettable romance, and two characters with emotionally compelling backstories, All I Want is the perfect conclusion to the Animal Magnestism series. I laughed, I cried, I swooned (because: hot), and mostly, I wished it wouldn't end. No matter how many books I read by Jill Shalvis, I can't seem to get enough and All I Want is no exception. There's a feeling her books evoke – a feeling of lightheartedness and contentment so magical that you can’t help but want to recapture it again and again. I love knowing that when I pick up a new book by this author, it's going to become an instant favorite and there aren't many authors I can't say that about.

*complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment