Monday, October 5, 2015

Repentance: The Story of Kace Haywood by Meghan Quinn: Exclusive Excerpt

Blurb:

Every choice you make in life comes with a consequence, which dictates the outcome of your future.

I was once on top, I was living the life I dreamt of, I had everything I could possibly hope for. I was happy, satisfied, content…until one night.

One off day.

One moment in time I wish I could take back. My biggest regret.

The once bright future I possessed vanished and in its place a dark world of self-hatred and loathing encompassed me.

People like to celebrate the day they were born, I like to celebrate the day my soul died.

This is my story of repentance.

Releases: October 8, 2015



About the Author:

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Excerpt:

Copyright 2015 Meghan Quinn

Previously, I‘d trained on my own, but recently I’d decided to step up my game, given the amount of talent I was showing, so I hired Jono. Best decision I’d made, because after a few short months, I was the man to beat in the ring, a hefty goal of mine.

I was on top, a feeling I would never forget.

“Still think you can take me?” I jokingly asked Jett. When we were young, we would always get in stupid fights, and we were pretty evenly matched, but with my new training regimen, I had no doubt I would own him.

“I will always be able to take you,” Jett said with a smirk, letting me know how much he didn’t believe his statement.

“So how are you feeling about the whole Natasha thing?”

Natasha had been Jett’s fiancée, “had been” being the key word. She’d recently left him for another man. For a guy of Jett’s stature, it was a giant blow to his self-esteem.

“Don’t really want to talk about it,” Jett curtly stated, trying to drop the topic, but I wouldn’t let him off that easily.

“Are you ever going to talk about it?”

“No.”

“She was a bitch anyway,” I said, taking a long pull of my beer. After I put my bottle down, I looked at Jett, who had a questioning look of fury in his eyes. I shrugged. “What? You can’t tell me she was a fucking dream to be around. She was as cold as a witch’s tit.”

Jett shook his head. “Why do people say that? Are witch’s tits really cold? How did they get such a cliché term attached to their breasts?”

“Are you some kind of spokesperson for witches now?” I asked, confused.

“Just got to stick up for all witches and their warts.”

“And that’s not a cliché? Not all witches are hideous, you know. Take Sarah from Hocus Pocus. I would totally tap that. Hell, I would fuck all three of them. Something about fucking a broad on a broomstick does it for me.”

Laughing, Jett shook his head. “There is something seriously wrong with you, man.”

Silently agreeing, I pulled up the remote sitting on the bar and turned the TV to the sports channel. I was hoping to see a recap of my match, and knowing Jett wasn’t going to talk about Natasha, this was perfect timing to fill the silence in the room.

“When’s the next match?” Jett asked as a Lexus commercial came on.

“Now that I’m no longer an amateur, I have a few months to get ready for the next one. I’m looking at about only two matches a year now.”

“Easy day at the office with a big payout.” Jett leered.

“Screw easy.” I laughed. “Not with the training schedule Jono has me on.”

I was about to lay out my training regimen but stopped when the sportscasters started talking about my fight. I turned up the TV and listened.

“Haywood versus Crane. Can we talk about the explosive match we witnessed tonight? Kace Haywood, up and coming boxer, has taken the boxing scene by storm, introducing his quick instincts and fast punches that result in an early knockout with almost any opponent he comes across. With his professional title in tow, he will be unstoppable.”

A video montage of my amateur and professional career unfolded while a voiceover started telling my story.

“At a young age, Kace Haywood had an interest in the sport, but it wasn’t until after high school he started to take his career seriously. Born and raised in New Orleans, he self-trained in a small gym that has since been washed away by Hurricane Katrina. Prevailing through the storm, he continued to train and has now hired the infamous Jono Mills as his trainer. With Jono at his side, Kace Haywood is a lethal combination of smarts, instincts, quick feet, and impeccable timing. With the extra muscle Haywood has put on and the in-depth knowledge from his trainer, Kace Haywood will be a household name in the next few months.”

No comments:

Post a Comment