Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 9 by Colleen Hoover: Book Tour Review & Video Chat with the Author



Blurb:

Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?


  




Buy Links:


video

About the Author:

I love music. LOVE music. Namely The Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Pink, Eminem. I have eclectic taste? If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

I'm addicted to diet pepsi and could tell you in a taste-test which restaurant it came from. It's a serious addiction, I tell you.

I get stoked whenever I get a message from goodreads saying I have a new friend request...so request me, dangit!

If you want to know when I have new books out or just want to be inundated by random, pointless blog posts, follow me at www.colleenhoover.com

Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

There's just something about cracking open a Colleen Hoover book that feels like a special occasion. My stomach always feels as though it’s been overtaken by dozens of restless butterflies and my mind flits between anticipation and fear, fear that this new book won't live up to my exceedingly high expectations. Of course, after only a few pages, November 9 proved that fear to be unfounded. With a storyline that is both innovative and constantly surprising, characters that are riveting and engaging, and writing that is thought-provoking and emotionally compelling, November 9 is a must-read for romance novel lovers. As someone whose life revolves around the next moment I will be reunited with my current read, I absolutely loved the way books were so thoroughly incorporated into the narrative. November 9 is a veritable treasure trove for bookworms, allowing us to feel as though we're in on a secret, speaking the exact same language as protagonists, Fallon and Ben.

Read the blurb for November 9. That is all you need to know about this book before starting. To keep this review spoiler free, I refuse to reveal anything about the plot because this book needs to be experienced within its pages. I will instead say that I loved Fallon and Ben from the very first moment they met and only grew to love them more over the course of the narrative. The connection between Ben and Fallon is effortless, even despite the fact that they spend more time apart than they do together. With their witty conversations, flirtatious banter, and impeccably-timed humor, my insta-love for these characters was fierce and held steadfast, even during the times when their journeys to self-discovery required more than a bit of patience and understanding. Heart-meltingly romantic and gut-wrenchingly angsty, Ben and Fallon’s relationship will wreak havoc with your emotions in a way that will make you simultaneously love and loathe Colleen Hoover.

When I rate books I tend to ask myself how it made me feel. Did I laugh? Did I cry? Will I remember this book a week, a month, or even a year from now? I consider the book to be good if I could answer yes to any of these questions, but it’s not often I come across a story that encompasses anything and everything I could possibly ask for in a book. How do you rate a book that makes you deliriously happy one moment then the next makes you feel a soul-crushing kind of devastation? It feels inadequate to give 5 stars to a book that surpasses even my previous favorite (Maybe Someday, anyone?) by an author whose books are among the best I’ve had the pleasure of reading. When a book has not only your favorite hero and heroine, but your favorite storyline, plot twist, and so on, what else can you rate it but 6 stars?

*complimentary copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 6 Stars

5 comments:

  1. Everyone keeps giving it more than 5 stars!! Can not wait to read this, love Colleens books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen Hoover is a fantastic writer! She always seems to pull emotions out of you that you never expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love everything she does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your review has me even more on pins and needles to get my hands on this book! I didn't think that was possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your review has me even more on pins and needles to get my hands on this book! I didn't think that was possible!

    ReplyDelete