Monday, December 7, 2015

Crashed Out (Made in Jersey #1) by Tessa Bailey: ARC Review

Blurb:

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

His inspiration. His torment. And his temptation...

Jasmine Taveras is the reason Sarge Purcell grabbed his six-string and bailed the hell out of New Jersey four years ago. She's the fuel for every song he's ever written-each one laced with bitter, hard-edged, hungry lust. Now, with his hugely successful band is on temporary hiatus, Sarge is determined to prove to Jasmine that this "kid" turned into every inch the man she's always needed...

Men are slim pickings for a single factory girl in Hook, New Jersey...until tall, broad-shouldered hotness walks-or rather storms-into Jasmine's life. Sarge's return shouldn't affect her this way. He's her best friend's much younger kid brother, and the kind of rough, gritty, sexiness Jasmine has no right to taste for herself. Even if he lets her.

But lust is a blinding, insatiable force. And when it crashes, it will take both Sarge and Jasmine down with it...


Click to Buy the Made in Jersey Series on Amazon:

.

About the Author:

Thank you for your interest in my books! I'm Tessa and I live in the crazy, loud, overcrowded borough of Brooklyn, New York. I love it here. This city is a constant source of inspiration, which is why I've decided to set my most recent books in the Line of Duty Series here.

I moved to New York when I was eighteen, the day after I graduated high school. Threw my suitcase in the back of a Chevrolet Cavalier and drove across the country to find my adventure. I'm still finding it, little by little.

Thank you for being a part of it.


Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

No other author can make me utter the words "holy crap" with quite the same inflection as Tessa Bailey. Her gift for creating dirty-talking heroes is unparalleled – a fact that is apparent almost immediately upon starting her newest release, Crashed Out. I didn’t think it was possible for my face to turn red for such a long period of time but there’s a first time for everything, and Sarge is certainly the hero to inspire prolonged swooning. The author’s introduction to her brand new Made in Jersey series is an erotically-charged, shiver-inducing romance so unbelievably sexy, it’s impossible to remain unaffected by the palpable need simmering between protagonists, Jasmine Taveras and Sarge Purcell.

In case you’re wondering what happens when Tessa Bailey combines a sexually pent-up rock star with the object of his innermost desires, the result is unadulterated, no-holds-barred chemistry. I didn’t know who I loved more – Jasmine, the fiery factory worker torn between her heart and her mind, or Sarge, the self-assured rocker who doesn’t let a thing like age deter him from going after what (or should I say who) he wants. Sarge and his downright filthy mouth is admittedly the book’s biggest draw. It turns out years of lusting after someone you can’t have ignites a well of longing that takes the sexual tension between Sarge and Jasmine to a whole new level. I found his mix of vitality and mischievousness to be especially refreshing and relished his spontaneity. I never knew what he would do next or what would emerge from his mouth (typically some barrage of lust-filled words inspired by Jasmine), but I could be certain it would be captivating.

I could endlessly expound upon Sarge’s positive attributes but what I appreciated most about his character was his careful handling of Jasmine’s insecurities. I empathized with Jasmine’s struggle to overcome the taboo aspect of their older woman/younger man pairing, a struggle which the author embraced as a way to not only create conflict and tension but also to heighten the element of fantasy evoked by the situation. At the same time, I cheered along as Sarge made it his mission to improve Jasmine’s sense of self-worth. While Sarge is the life of Crashed Out, Jasmine is the heart – a combination that creates a complex, emotionally compelling narrative.

With a fast-paced, riveting storyline, three-dimensional protagonists you can’t help but root for, and a romance so steamy, I’m fairly certain my glasses fogged up on several occasions, Crashed Out was a book that I was loathe to put down once I started. I’ve read and loved every book that Tessa Bailey has published, although she continues to impress me with each new release. Not only did I immediately fall in love with Sarge and Jasmine, I was equally fascinated by the book’s secondary characters and yearned to learn more about them. If all of these reasons aren’t enough to convince anyone to pick up Crashed Out, I will conclude with this tidbit: Sarge may have unseated one Bowen Driscoll as the dirtiest of Tessa Bailey’s long lines of dirty-talking heroes.

*complimentary copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment