Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover: Review

Blurb:

Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.


  



Buy Links:



About the Author:

I love music. LOVE music. Namely The Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Pink, Eminem. I have eclectic taste? If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

I'm addicted to diet pepsi and could tell you in a taste-test which restaurant it came from. It's a serious addiction, I tell you.

I get stoked whenever I get a message from goodreads saying I have a new friend request...so request me, dangit!

If you want to know when I have new books out or just want to be inundated by random, pointless blog posts, follow me at www.colleenhoover.com

Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Michelle:

The naked truth is, Colleen Hoover and I have a love/hate relationship, she just doesn't know it yet. Maybe I should write her a letter... You see, I hate the way she makes me feel a lot of the time. Not because of all the overwhelming and opposing emotions her words evoke, or the fact that she repeatedly rips my heart to shreds and makes me weep uncontrollably, because honestly, I really like that part, like a lot. It could be the fact that she is so crazy talented and what I would consider a literary genius and you just might say I was a tad bit envious of all that brilliance and may even resent her just a little for it. More than likely though, it's the way her words consume my heart, my mind, and my entire life. I mean, I do have a life, complete with obligations, lots of responsibility, and certain things that must be accomplished every single day. Little things like bathing, feeding the children, and sleeping. And I would say that I'm pretty good at my life, usually. But then SHE comes along with a new book and suddenly I'm willing to shirk any and all family, friends, priorities, and responsibilities just to be completely and utterly consumed by her words. And don't even get me started on the way that she makes me cry in public! You would think, by now, I would know better than to read a Colleen Hoover book outside of the privacy of my own home but, back to the whole do-anything-to-be-immersed-in-her-incredible-stories thing, the next thing you know I'm bawling like a baby in my car, on random park benches, or even on the treadmill at the gym. No one believes it's sweat, Colleen! Now's the time for the real naked truth. All of that which I just described, it could possibly, maybe, kinda, sorta, be the reason that I love her as well. No matter which book, which story, the setting, the circumstance, the plotline, etc. Colleen Hoover never fails to make me crave her and her powerful, evocative words and I long for the rush of the turbulent emotions I am continuously bombarded with. Long story short, I am hopelessly addicted and CoHo is a drug that I just don't want to quit.

There honestly isn't a whole lot I can say about It Ends With Us without giving something away so let me just say this. The boy, and the situation, ugh! Then the other boy and that thing that happened! Gasp! Then the other thing! Sigh... Then the other thing that's still kind of the first thing. Grr. Then the third thing...again! Wail! Then, "In the future..." Blubber. And the past! Sob! And the surprise. Whoa. I was so inundated with feelings of every kind that I didn't even know what to think, which choice I would make, or even which path I wanted for Lily. The only thing I knew was that I was more confused than ever with some pretty severe chest pains going on. And then came it ends with us. Oh...my...goodness. I've never been compelled to say this before but, I. Can't. Even! So intense, so heart shattering and earth shattering and well, just plain phenomenal. So amazingly, incredibly, unbelievable, undeniably good. The Ellen Diaries, I absolutely love. The social commentary, I love. The angst, I love. The importance of the message and the inspiration, I could not love more. Every minute, every word, everything, I. LOVED.

So yeah Colleen, I still kind of hate you, but only because I love you so much. That and all of those embarrassing moments you've caused me over the years. No matter what, one thing that I am 100% sure of, is that I'm grateful. Thank you for sharing such a deeply personal, significant, and powerful story with all of us. I know that those that need encouragement and empowerment in their lives will find it in this story. Those that aren't personally affected by this story are sure to appreciate the struggle, the pain, and the awareness that it brings as well as the brutal honesty, the pure beauty, and the unforgettable ride. I SO want to be you when I grow up.

Rating: 5+ Stars

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read.. ..thank goodness for my library, Amazon's taking forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Can't wait to get my hands on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Can't wait to get my hands on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great review! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete