Saturday, September 24, 2016

Levi's Blue by M. Leighton: Review

Blurb:

Four beautiful days. Three steamy nights. One breathtaking love.

Levi Michaelson. He caught me when I fell. Literally.

He wanted four dates. Four opportunities to prove I could trust him. Four chances to change my mind about him.

I agreed.

Probably not my smartest decision. He was everything I knew to avoid—gorgeous, charming, sexy as hell—but I couldn’t help myself. When he touched me the whole world disappeared. I should’ve known I could lose myself to him, that he could be the one man to destroy me.

I guess it’s true what they say—some things are too good to be true. And Levi Michaelson might just be one of them.


Buy Links:

Amazon , B&N , iBooks , Kobo

 
About M. Leighton:

M. Leighton is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Wild Ones and The Bad Boys romance trilogies.  She is a native of Ohio, relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she lets her mind wander to romantic settings with sexy Southern guys much like the one she married and the ones you'll find in her latest books.  When her thoughts aren't roaming in that direction, she'll be riding horses, swimming in ponds and experiencing life on a ranch, all without leaving the cozy comfort of her office.  

To find more of M. Leighton's books, visit her Amazon Author Page.


Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo blogger_128.png

Review by Yvette:

I’ve been a longtime fan of M. Leighton’s books but I have to say that she blew me away with her latest release, Levi’s Blue. Do you ever just start a book and know instantly that you’ll love it? Within only a few pages of Levi’s Blue, I felt a certain energy…a giddy kind of excitement from realizing everything was coming together – the characters, the storyline, and the romance – to create pure magic. Laugh-out-loud funny, sugary sweet, scorchingly sexy, and hopelessly romantic – this book was all of these things and more. It's a beautifully written, emotionally-intense story about living life and taking chances, and it’s one that will stay with you long after “the end”.

There's something about a girl literally falling into the arms of a handsome, charming man that just makes me want to swoon. And swoon I did, several times, in fact, while reading Levi’s Blue. You will too once you experience the electric connection between protagonists, Levi Michaelson and Evian “Evie” De Champlain. Palpable chemistry and an overwhelming mutual attraction? What’s not to love? If that’s not enough to tempt you, I can guarantee you’ll be captivated by these two characters. Evie is a breath of fresh air, lively and effervescent (while also being realistic) and Levi is a devilishly charming, modern day rogue. Together, they incite humor, passion, lust, drama. They both complement each other and challenge each other in a way that will keep the reader stimulated from start to finish.

One of my favorite things about this book is the banter between Evie and Levi. Good dialogue is always essential to my enjoyment of the book but the back-and-forth, His Girl Friday-style, fast-talking, wise-cracking zingers exchanged between these two characters is just plain fun to read. I was eager to turn each page to see what they would say next – how a few choice words would change the mood from lighthearted teasing to erotically-charged. I did, of course, mention that this book is unbelievably sexy so it should go without saying (but I’ll say it anyway) that their chemistry extends to the bedroom. Cue additional swooning.

In a way, this was such a difficult review to write because saying anything about the plot would essentially spoil the book, and, while it's typically my preference to go into a book knowing as little as possible beforehand, I think it's particularly important to do so with Levi's Blue. What I can say without a doubt is that Levi’s Blue is one of the most unique stories I’ve ever read. Why is it so unique? I’m not telling you! You’ll have to read the book to find out for yourself…

*complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rating: 5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Love the spoiler free review!! Can't wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, would love to read!

    ReplyDelete