Friday, September 23, 2016

The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan: Excerpt Reveal


Blurb:

New York City's hottest divorce attorney, the very sexy, and very British, Sterling Quinn has one rule.

He's never settling down.

And why would he?

He spends lust-fueled nights indulging in one-night stands, and his days winning lucrative cases. No commitment means none of the messy heartbreak he sees in the courtroom.

His life is damn near perfect.

Or is it?

After being paired with his cool, confident, and gorgeous friend Camryn on a special project, he begins to see her in a new light, and for the first time ever, he finds himself interested in more.

But Camryn's been around long enough to know that this British bad boy is more trouble than her heart can handle. She isn't about to be cast aside like yesterday's underwear when he's done.

Sterling’s never been told no, but is he ready to risk it all for a chance at true love?

Releases: October 11, 2016






Click to Buy on Amazon:

.


About the Author:

Kendall Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the contemporary romance novels HARD TO LOVE, UNRAVEL ME, MAKE ME YOURS, RESISTING HER and THE IMPACT OF YOU. She's a sassy, yet polite Midwestern gal with a deep love of books, and a slight addiction to lipgloss. Visit her at: www.kendallryanbooks.com for the latest books news.



Connect with Kendall Ryan:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Excerpt:

“Hey, Camryn. Did I forget something at your office?” he asks.

“No, I just . . . I had some questions for you about tomorrow.”

“Of course. What’s on your mind?”

“Well, when you said hang out, what did you mean?”

Anna’s hand flies over her mouth and her eyes widen.

No sense in beating around the bush.

I can almost hear the smile in Sterling’s voice when he replies. “What do you want it to mean?”

Straightening my shoulders, I sit up taller in my chair. “Oh no, you don’t, mister. Before I agree to spend time with you, there are a few things I need to know.”

“Go for it.”

“How many women have you slept with?”

“Pardon?” Sterling coughs.

Anna is on her feet, making slashing motions across her throat with her hand.

“Your number. What is it?” My tone is calm, controlled. I’m actually enjoying this.

“Is that information you need as my publicist, or as the woman I’ve asked to hang out?”

“Just answer the question, Sterling. Or can you not count that high?”

He lets out a sigh, so brief I barely heard it. For a second, I’m sure he’s going to dodge the question. “Enough to know what I’m doing. Not enough to make me a total fucking wanker.”

I laugh, despite myself. It’s actually a good response.

“Let me make this clear for you. I like you, Camryn. We’re both adults, and there’s no reason why we can’t hang out and enjoy each other’s company without it turning weird.”

What the hell does that mean? I’m more confused now than before. Maybe this is his last hurrah before becoming a married man.

“I’m not quite sure what to say.”

“We have fun together. Let’s keep it casual and fun; we both deserve that.”

The man has a point.

“But you’re about to be married,” I say.

“Not tomorrow. Not the next day.”

“But soon.”

He exhales. “Yes, and that’s kind of stressing me the fuck out, so I could use a little downtime with someone who gets me.”

I swallow.

“Say yes,” he murmurs.

“Sterling . . .”

“I would never hurt you,” he adds softly.

“Fine, but I’m not having sex with you.”

Anna is now lying on the floor of my office, her face scrunched up in agony, her head in her hands.

“We’ll see,” he says.

A girly bubble of laughter escapes my lips, and I clamp a hand over my mouth. I want to bitch-slap myself for that outburst. But Sterling only seems amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment