Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Only One (A One Love Novella) by Lauren Blakely: Review & Excerpt Tour


Blurb:

From the NYT Bestselling author of THE SEXY ONE comes a romance about fate and second chances...
Let's say there was this guy. And he gave you the most mind-blowing night of sex in your life. And you never saw him again.
Until ten years later.
Now, it turns out he's the ONLY ONE in all of Manhattan whose restaurant is available for my charity's gala.
The trouble is, he doesn't recognize me.
***
This woman I'm working with is so damn alluring. The first time I set eyes on her, I'm captivated and I can't get her out of my mind. Even if it's risky to tango with someone I'm working with, she's a risk I'm willing to take.
The trouble is, she won't give me the time of day.
But I'm determined to change that.






Click to Buy on Amazon:

.

Excerpt:

 The last restaurant with an opening is called Gabriel’s.

I startle as I read the name and, unexpectedly, my breath catches.

That name.

I freeze, one hand on the mascara wand, the other holding my phone. Even now, years after my valiant attempt to erase that man from my history, his name alone does something to me.

I’ve dated since him. I’ve had a few serious boyfriends. But there’s still just something about that man. Maybe that’s the curse of experiencing the best sex of your life at age twenty-one. At the time, I figured that sex with Gabriel was so great because I didn’t know better. Now, I’ve learned that sleeping with him was mind-blowing because…sleeping with him was mind- blowing.

Those three nights in Spain were magical, passionate, and beyond sensual. I’ve tried to implement Gabriel amnesia, but he still lingers in the corners of my mind. Letting go of the mascara tube, I take a breath and tell myself a name is just a name. It’s a mere coincidence that this eatery on my list shares the same name.

Except…my Gabriel was a cook. A struggling line cook in a small bistro in Barcelona that summer, planning to move to Manhattan for a job here.

I drop my forehead into my hand as a fresh wave of foolishness crashes over me. What if he’s been here all these years? What if he came to New York and simply didn’t want to see me? What if we’ve been sharing the same island for the last decade? What if he was married when we were together? What if he went home to his wife, his girlfriend, his lover?

I forced myself to stop playing this what if game ten years ago when he didn’t show for our rendezvous. I booted him from my brain and refused to linger on him, and especially on all the possible reasons why he left me alone.

Now, he’s all I can think about. I need to know if this Gabriel is my Gabriel.

When I google the restaurant, I let out an audible groan.

I blink.

Blink again.

Try to still my shaking fingers.

He’s here. He’s in Manhattan. After a decade, I’m going to come face-to-face with the man who stole my heart and my body.

About Lauren Blakely:

Lauren Blakely writes sexy contemporary romance novels with heat,

heart, and humor, and her books have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iBooks bestseller lists. Like the heroine in FAR TOO TEMPTING, she thinks life should be filled with family, laughter, and the kind of love that love songs promise. Lauren lives in California with her husband, children, and dogs. She loves hearing from readers! Her novels include Caught Up In Us, Pretending He's Mine, Playing With Her Heart, Trophy Husband, and Far Too Tempting. On November 21, she'll release the edgy new adult novel THE THRILL OF IT. She also writes for young adults under the name Daisy Whitney.

Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Yvette:

If I could, I would read a new Lauren Blakely book every day. She never disappoints, consistently delivering swoon-worthy, shiver-inducing romances with guaranteed happily-ever-afters. How could I not keep coming back for more? Especially when the author promises her most romantic hero to date with her newest release, The Only One. I had high expectations for our hero, Gabriel Mathias, and, of course, he’s utter perfection. Gabriel is charming, dreamy, and eloquent – a combination that'll have you swooning pretty much every time he opens his mouth. He’s determined to win back his former lover, Penny Jones, and, in the face of such temptation, what else would our heroine do but succumb?

There's something terribly romantic about the concept of "the one who got away", isn't there? When two characters who can't forget one another are suddenly reunited, it seems as if fate is nudging them in each other's direction, giving them a second chance at love. That’s how it feels when Penny discovers that Gabriel – the guy who broke her heart and left a lasting impression – is the one person whose culinary brilliance can save her upcoming work event. The man with whom she spent a few steamy, memorable nights with ten years ago is now known as the playboy chef, renowned just as much for his sex appeal as for his cooking skills. When they come face-to-face, sparks (re)ignite and the heat between them burns bright. Their dynamic is fun and effortless, making it seem as though ten years apart were no time at all. With Penny and Gabriel, we get to experience the wistful remembrance of their past romance and the burgeoning feelings of lust and perhaps something deeper that emerge as they reconnect.

Flirtatious banter, lingering feelings, and palpable chemistry are a potent cocktail of foreplay, fanning the flames of the ever-present sexual tension simmering between Gabriel and Penny until that tension is satiated. This results in love scenes so erotic, they'll set your cheeks on fire. Did I mention Gabriel is a dirty-talker? Get ready to swoon ladies! Overall, The Only One is a sweet, sensual, and nostalgic second chance romance, perfect if you’re in the mood for a lighthearted, fast-paced read you can easily devour in one sitting.

*complimentary copy provided by publisher for an honest review

Rating: 5 Stars

1 comment: