Thursday, April 13, 2017

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward: Review Blitz


Blurb:

I met Bianca in an elevator.

She was on her way to interview me when we got stuck.

The beautiful, raven-haired reporter assumed I was a delivery guy because of the way I was dressed.

She had no clue I was really Dex Truitt, the wealthy, successful businessman she’d dubbed “Mister Moneybags”—her afternoon appointment.

Bianca told me how much she hated Dex’s type—snobby, over educated, silver- spooned men who didn't appreciate the simple things in life.

So, after the elevator finally started moving again, I cancelled the interview and let her believe I was someone I wasn’t—a bike messenger named Jay. I loved the way she looked at the fake me and didn't want it to end.

I began dating her as “Jay”—all the while letting her interview the real me over email.

I didn’t expect that our chemistry online would be just as hot.

I didn’t expect the mess I’d gotten myself into.

I didn’t expect that Jay and Dex would fall in love with her.

And she was falling for two men.

Only, both men were me.

And when she found out, we were both going to lose her.

Nothing could have prepared me for that day. And I certainly wasn't prepared for what came after.

All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn't see coming.






Click to Buy on Amazon:

.


 
About Vi Keeland:

Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting USA Today Best Selling smut author by night!


Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

About Penelope Ward:

Penelope Ward is a USA Today Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers. She spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor, before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beautiful 10-year-old girl with autism (the inspiration for the character Callie in Gemini) and a 8-year-old boy, both of whom are the lights of her life.

Penelope, her husband and kids reside in Rhode Island.

She is currently working on her fifth novel, Jake Understood. She is the author of Gemini, Jake Undone, My Skylar and Stepbrother Dearest.
 
Social Media Links:

 photo facebook_128.png photo twitter_128.png photo goodreads_128.png photo WebsiteIcon.png

Review by Michelle:

The dream team, Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland, has returned and this time around they've brought with them Mister Moneybags himself, Ms. George, a goat, a greyhound, a tandem bike, a young YouTube sensation, and plenty of wood. They've also brought us two of their most charming and engrossing characters yet and a story that will hold you captive from the first words and keep you spellbound from beginning to end. I don't know how these two do it, but Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward surprise me with every single book, every single time.

Refreshingly unique, exceptionally amusing, and obsessively addicting, Mister Moneybags is an early contender for favorite book of the year and an absolute must read. This book puts a grin on my face and gets me all wound up again each and every time I think about it. It's been three days since I finished and, despite starting and finishing another book, I still can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop smiling whenever there is anything even remotely reminiscent of something from the book, I can't stop giggling thinking about certain parts or pieces of the story, and I can't stop loving absolutely everything about what this story and what these two gifted authors grace us with time and again.

So many complications, countless obstacles, and even more drama, yet all without things getting to be too much or over-the-top in any way. While I am a huge angst lover, I am not a lover of angst strictly for the sake of angst and as oxymoronic as it may sound, I like my fiction to be real. I like my fiction, and especially my romances, to be realistic and as true to life as possible so that I am transported, I am connected, and I believe in the story. That said, unnecessary drama, unrealistic complications, and absurd difficulties really put me off, even in an otherwise fantastic story. This, however, is nowhere near the case with Mister Moneybags. Though we encounter problem after problem in this story and it seems as though there is just no possible way for this couple to be together, much less happy, each hurdle is extremely fitting to their story and absolutely essential to their journey. The uncertainty of whether these two can make it through it all is drawn out until the very last minute, until you just can't stand the anxiety any more, but all for very good reason as well as serving to ramp up the tension, heighten the anticipation, and keep you glued to every subsequent word. Execution is key with a story chock full of obstacles like this one and Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward positively nailed it.

As with all books by this extraordinary duo, everything in Mister Moneybags is true perfection. Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland certainly have the Midas touch, anything and everything they produce is pure gold. From Jelani to Bandit, from Jay to Mr. Truitt Sr., from preconceived notions to family dynamics, there was not one single thing I didn't love about this book and not one thing I would have liked to have seen done differently. These two authors together make for a literary powerhouse and as long as they keep churning out fabulous new favorites, I will be one very happy girl.

*complimentary copy provided by authors for an honest review

Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment